General Mailing List Information
Aerosol Mass Spectrometer Mail List
- ams-users: This list is for discussions that are of general interest to all AMS users.
You can send specific AMS software/hardware technical support questions to all appropriate Aerodyne personnel through firstname.lastname@example.org.
To successfully join the AMS mailing list, you must first identify yourself to the managers of the ams-users list.
Send a message to email@example.com stating your name, institutional affiliation, the email address you wish to subscribe to one of the lists, and a short explanation of how you use or plan to use the Aerosol Mass Spectrometer.
Your subscription request will not be approved unless you have previously submitted this information to the list manager.
SPIRITS Utilities Mail List
- imTool: Aerodyne's imTool program is a convenient way to view and manipulate image files created by SPIRITS and PMO. Subscribe to this list to be informed of new releases.
- Kokopelli: Kokopelli is an experimental graphical user interface to SPIRITS. This list is intended to allow the developers and users to communicate about new releases of the software.
- SWFView: Subscribe to this list to recieve announcements for new releases of the SPIRITS wireframe viewer.
Instructions for Subscribing to a List
- If you are joining the AMS mailing list, send a message to the list managers as detailed above.
- Click on the list you want to join. This will take you to a page where you can subscribe to the list. Follow the directions provided there.
- Your browser may warn you about an unverifiable certificate. Accept the certificate and continue on to the enrollment page. The certificate was generated and signed by Aerodyne, so it is not recognized by most web browsers. It is perfectly safe to accept this certificate.
- A message containing an authentication key will be sent to your email address. Use the web link in the message to confirm or cancel your subscription request.
- You will next receive a message confirming that your subscription has been submitted to the list administrator for approval.
- Once the list administrator at Aerodyne has approved your subscription, you will receive a Welcome message confirming your membership.
- You should keep the Welcome message as it contains useful information for managing your membership.
You will not be subscribed to the list until you return the proper authentication key and the mailing list manager has approved your subscription.
To Modify Your Options or Unsubscribe From a List
Your membership options for a list can be accessed via the web. To access your options:
- Go to the ListInfo page.
- Click on the link to the appropriate mailing list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address in the last text entry box.
- Click on the button labeled "Unsubscribe or edit options"
- From here you can log in to the system to modify your options, unsubscribe from the list, or have a reminder of your password emailed to you.
Each month you will receive a reminder of your subscriptions to mailing lists hosted at this site. The monthly reminder will contain a web link to your options page.
Membership Rules and Etiquette
These lists are intended as a service for Aerodyne's customers and collaborators. No other use of these lists is authorized.
Membership to a list may be terminated if the list manager determines that you have abused your privileges on the list.
Only members of a mailing list are allowed to post to that list, and only from the subscribed address.
Posts by non-members will be directed to the mailing list manager for approval, although they may be automatically discarded if the system classifies them as unsolicited commercial email.
Message archives are available only to members of the mailing list.
To protect members against unsolicited email, the mailing list membership is only available to the mailing list manager.
You will receive a monthly reminder of your mailing list subscriptions to lists hosted by this site.