Associate Instrument Scientist
Aerodyne Research, Inc., is an R&D company in Billerica, MA, providing research and development services and advanced instrument and software products to industrial, academic and government customers. Our work addresses national and international environmental and energy challenges with particularly strong capabilities in atmospheric chemistry, air pollution, global climate change and the environmental impacts of commercial aviation. We produce state of the art instruments for the analysis of atmospheric aerosols, trace gases and their isotopes.
Aerodyne Research, Inc. (ARI) is a small instrumentation and R&D company providing state-of-the-art research tools to scientific leaders in in the fields of climate change, air quality, and atmospheric chemistry.
We are seeking a bachelor’s or master’s level Associate Instrument Scientist to join our Gas Chromatography instrument production team at our Billerica, MA headquarters.
In the position you will be part of a team of scientists and engineers delivering cutting-edge mass spectrometry instrumentation to customers and collaborators working to understand and improve air quality around the world. This is a hands-on role ideal for someone with a passion for building things and making them work.
- Pre-delivery testing and troubleshooting of gas chromatography instrumentation coupled with mass spectrometric detectors (e.g. electron ionization, proton transfer reaction)
- Assist with instrument assembly
- Accomplish calibration and documentation of new and repaired instruments
- Complete laboratory characterization of instrument performance
- Generate detailed documentation of instrument test procedures and results
- Future travel potential for field installation, training, and service
- Support customers remotely via email, meetings, and remote computer control
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in physical science, engineering, or a related field
- Experience operating scientific instrumentation
- Motivation to become an expert in the application of gas chromatography for atmospheric science
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Works well in team environment
- Basic computer skills, such as proficiency with Microsoft Office or G Suite/Google Workspace are required, experience or interest in software development is welcome
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs, including an ESOP. Please send your resume and salary requirements in confidence to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer/veterans/disability.
Aerodyne Research, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We offer a pleasant and flexible work environment and comprehensive, benefit programs including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Medical and Dental Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Education Reimbursement
- Credit Union
To apply for an open position, please use the forms on the right or below and send your resume to:
FireFox users may see the message: “This PDF document contains forms. The filling of form fields is not supported. Click “Open With Different Viewer”, and choose “Open with Adobe Reader”.
Chrome users may see a PDF icon in the URL window; click the icon to open the document in Adobe Reader.